Technology Knowledge Base
VMware Horizon (Soft Phone)
VMware Horizon Client for Windows
These instructions should be carried out directly on the computer you are using at home and not on any remote desktop session or remote computer at the office.
- Navigate to https://mydesknor.ou.edu
- Click on “Install VMware Horizon Client”
- Found under “VMware Horizon Client for Windows” Click on “Go to downloads”
- Click on “Download”
- Click on VMware Horizon Installer and select “Yes” on the dialog to allow the installer to make changes to your computer.
- Click on “Agree & Install”
- Click on “Finish” and finally, click on “Restart Now” to complete the installation.
- Click on the new VMware Horizon Client icon on the desktop.
- Click on “New Server” and enter “mydesknor.ou.edu” inside the connection server field.
- Authenticate using your 4×4 OU credentials. This will push an authorization to your DUO security App that you must accept.
- Double-Click on the “OU- Help” icon and, at the blue NOTICE TO USERS Screen, click “OK”
- Up to several minutes later, your virtual desktop should appear.