Requirements and Expiration Dates
- Must be at least 8 and fewer than 256 characters
- May not contain any part of your account name or display name
- Must contain characters from three of the following categories
- Lowercase letters
- Uppercase letters
SATTRN Passwords expire after 120 days. You will receive an email notifying you to change the password three days before expiration, one day before expiration, and the day of expiration. If a password in not updated within 30 days of expiration, the account is disabled and the user receives email notification.
As of 2/22/22, OU’s password requirements are:
- Minimum of 12 characters
- Must contain at least one upper AND lowercase letter
- Must contain at least one numeral OR one symbol
- Must be changed at least every 365 days
- Cannot be the same as your previous six passwords
- Cannot contain the words boomer, sooner, qwerty, or password
- Cannot contain your name or OUNet ID (ex. Jane Doe would not be able to use “jane”, “doe” or doe0023)
If you are locked out of your DHS account because you’ve forgotten your password or accidentally entered it too many times you can remotely unlock it yourself by going to https://passwordreset.ok.gov.
Select Password Reset from the options and the system will verify you using information that is saved in the system.
If you have an old phone number in the system then you may be unable to verify your account and you’ll have to call OMES to update it and unlock the computer. The phone number to the service desk is 866.521.2444 if the website is down or you have to call.
*** This only works if you know your DHS computer password. If you don’t know it then you’ll have to call the OMES servicedesk for a temporary password. You can’t get a temporary password through the password reset website.