Images and Alternative Text
The meaning contained in images (drawings, photographs, diagrams, maps, charts, etc.) must be conveyed to assistive technology users who do not see those images. Alternative text is added to the images to describe the meaning of the image located in a certain context.
Totara requires you to insert alternative text for images, unless the image is purely decorative. If you check that the image is purely decorative and has no meaning, screen readers will skip over this content.
To add alt text to an image:
- Select the picture insert button.
- Select browse repositories.
- Select your file and name it if necessary.
- Select a proper size (this can be adjusted at any time).
- Write a description (this is the Alt text that describes the image).