Paragraph text is used to replicate a textarea control in most standard UI’s. Paragraph text, unlike other input controls, is not evaluated.
Paragraph Text Settings
- General Settings
- Accessible Name
- The visual label that appears on the button.
This value must be a meaningful label for the control. In addition, there must be a visible label in the underlying screen shot that matches this name.
- Controls the size of the control and position of the control on the screen.
With the control selected and focused in the Editing Canvas, you can press the right, left, up or down arrows to nudge the control one pixel in the direction pressed.
Holding the control key while pressing one of the arrows will resize the control in the direction pressed by one pixel.
Holding shift will cause the nudge or resize to scale by 10 pixels instead of 1.
- Font Family
- Type of font used. Available options are Sans Serif, Serif and Console.
- Font Size
- The font size in pixels. Values can be between 10 and 18 pixels.
- Font Weight
- Either normal weight or bold
- Font Style
- Either normal or italic font.
- Font Color
- The hex color of the font. Clicking the swatch for the color will open a color picker dialog allowing you to choose the color visually.
- Background Color
- Sets the background color of the control. Clicking the swatch for the color will open a color picker dialog allowing you to choose the color visually.
- Border Style
- Sets the type of border used on the control. Options for this setting are Solid (normal), Inset or Outset (chiseled 3D appearance), dotted, dashed or none to remove the border entirely.
- Border Width
- The pixel width of the border. Note that the 3D styles will be nearly invisible unless the width is set to 2 or greater.
- Border Radius
- Allows the borders on the control to be rounded by the value specified. A value of 0 will create square corners.
- Border Color
- The color of the border. Using a 3D style disables this option (as the effect determines the color). Clicking the swatch for the color will open a color picker dialog allowing you to choose the color visually.