The Checkbox control is used to replicate checkboxes or a single radio button in a standard UI.
Checkbox Control Settings
- General Settings
- Accessible Name
- The visible label for the checkbox.
- Controls the size of the control and position of the control on the screen.
With the control selected and focused in the Editing Canvas, you can press the right, left, up or down arrows to nudge the control one pixel in the direction pressed.
Holding the control key while pressing one of the arrows will resize the control in the direction pressed by one pixel.
Holding shift will cause the nudge or resize to scale by 10 pixels instead of 1.
- Checked by Default?
- If turned on, the checkbox will be checked when the user first arrives at this screen.
- Should be Checked?
- Indicates the checked state of the control in order for the control to be evaluated as correct.
- Feedback Hint
- The hint text that appears in the error dialog if the user enters the value in this control incorrectly.
- Font Family
- Type of font used. Available options are Sans Serif, Serif and Console.
- Font Size
- The font size in pixels. Values can be between 10 and 18 pixels.
- Font Weight
- Either normal weight or bold
- Font Style
- Either normal or italic font.
- Font Color
- The hex color of the font. Clicking the swatch for the color will open a color picker dialog allowing you to choose the color visually.
- Background Color
- Sets the background color of the control. Clicking the swatch for the color will open a color picker dialog allowing you to choose the color visually.
- Border Style
- Sets the type of border used on the control. Options for this setting are Solid (normal), Inset or Outset (chiseled 3D appearance), dotted, dashed or none to remove the border entirely.
- Border Width
- The pixel width of the border. Note that the 3D styles will be nearly invisible unless the width is set to 2 or greater.
- Border Radius
- Allows the borders on the control to be rounded by the value specified. A value of 0 will create square corners.
- Border Color
- The color of the border. Using a 3D style disables this option (as the effect determines the color). Clicking the swatch for the color will open a color picker dialog allowing you to choose the color visually.
- Check Style
- The type of check to place in the box. Available values are a Check symbol, an “X”, a square or a cirlcle, which can be used to replicate a radio button.
- Align Label
- Allows you to place the label on the left or right of the box.
- Check color
- Sets the color of the check symbol.
- Box Size
- Sets the size of the box in pixels. Values can be between 12 and 32 pixels. Changing this value will also change the size of the check symbol.
- Box Line Style
- Sets the type of line used for the box; Values are the same as Border Style.
- Box Line Width
- Sets the width of the line used for the box. Altering this value will subtract from the size of the check symbol rather than enlarging the box itself.
- Box Line Radius
- Sets the border radius on the box, creating rounded corners. A value of 0 will create a square box.
Combine the “Circle” Check Style with a Box Line Radius of half of the Box Size to create a radio button’s appearance. Note, however, this will not replicate the same behavior as a radio button group.
- Box Line Color
- Sets the color of the box line.
- Box Background Color
- Sets the background color that appears within the box.