All Pages in Adapt have a hidden property called a Unique Identifier or ID. In most situations creating courses in Adapt, you’ll never need to know about the ID.
However, there are a few times where being able to find and use the ID is critical:
- If you need Page Custom Locking: For instance, if the course requires that the user complete 2 introductory pages before the rest of the pages unlock.
- If you need a Custom Start Page: If you want a page to appear before the Menu, like CPM’s original “Module 0.”
- Some extensions may also require the Page ID in order to enable them on specific pages.
Unfortunately, Adapt Authoring hides the ID itself from users, but it’s easy to get once you know where to find it:
- Navigate to the Menu editor of your course
- Locate the Page you want an ID for in the list of pages.
- Click the “gear” icon at the top left of the Page block.
- From the menu that appears, select Copy ID to clipboard
- A dialog will appear indicating that the ID has been successfully copied to the clipboard.
The ID is now on your computer’s clipboard, ready to be pasted into another field in Adapt. If for some reason you lose the ID (say you needed to copy something else first), you can always return to the Menu editor and repeat the process.